Teiid 9.1 for Wildfly 10.0.0 is now available. The main features are:
- TEIID-2715 OData Metadata support for providing the metadata extension properties for OData.
- TEIID-4243 BatchUpdateException support in JDBC to indicate what part of batch succeeds when a failure occurs.
- TEIID-4191 NO QUOTE option for TEXTAGG.
- TEIID-4200 Moved to WildFly 10 as host environment
- TEIID-4332 Improved NDV calculations for costing.
- TEIID-4378 TEIID-4376 Clob enhancements to support concat and use in EXECUTE IMMEDIATE.
- TEIID-4100 OData expand support for siblings and nested expands.
- TEIID-4393 Additional Geospatial Functions to more fully support the SQL-MM specification.
- TEIID-4421 Embedded Translator Refinements to allow for functioning that is similar to the server.
- TEIID-3630 Merge/Upsert pushdown is now supported.
Teiid is a data virtualization system that allows applications to use data from multiple, heterogeneous data stores.
Teiid is comprised of tools, components and services for creating and executing bi-directional data services.
Through abstraction and federation, data is accessed and integrated in real-time across distributed data sources without copying or otherwise moving data from its system of record.
|Query Engine||The heart of Teiid is a high-performance query engine that processes relational, XML, XQuery and procedural queries from federated datasources. Features include support for homogeneous schemas, heterogeneous schemas, transactions, and user defined functions.|
|Embedded||An easy-to-use JDBC Driver that can embed the Query Engine in any Java application.|
An enterprise ready, scalable, manageable, runtime for the Query Engine that runs inside JBoss AS that provides additional security, fault-tolerance, and administrative features.
Teiid includes a rich set of Translators and Resource Adapters that enable access to a variety of sources, including most relational databases, web services, text files, and ldap. Need data from a different source? A custom translators and resource adaptors can easily be developed.
- tei·id (TEE-id)
- adj. pertaining to a family of tropical American whip-tailed lizards noted for speed and agility.
- n. a set of open source enterprise information integration tools noted for their ability to rapidly create data services that can quickly adapt to changes in your IT environment.