Teiid 8.8 for EAP 6.1 Alpha is now available. The main features are:
- TEIID-2647 Translator for Cloudera's Impala data warehouse has been added. See the reference for more.
- TEIID-2902 More incremental joins where the whole dataset does not need fully sorted or even read.
- TEIID-2263 More control over MAKE (NOT) DEP hints via syntax that allows for traversing views. See the reference for more.
- TEIID-2263 Common Table (WITH) planning improvements such that the usage of a WITH clause in a view or inline view no longer inhibits planning as part of the larger query.
- TEIID-2980 XMLTable Array Support - XMLTABLE may now return arrays for sequence values.
- TEIID-1675 Updatable LDAP multi-valued attributes - using an array type mapping, LDAP multi-valued attributes can be inserted/updated.
- TEIID-3018 System tables for view/procedure defintions - the SYSADMIN Views and StoredProcedures tables can be used to access the defintions of the views/procedures.
Teiid is a data virtualization system that allows applications to use data from multiple, heterogenous data stores.
Teiid is comprised of tools, components and services for creating and executing bi-directional data services. Through abstraction and federation, data is accessed and integrated in real-time across distributed data sources without copying or otherwise moving data from its system of record.
|Query Engine||The heart of Teiid is a high-performance query engine that processes relational, XML, XQuery and procedural queries from federated datasources. Features include support for homogeneous schemas, heterogeneous schemas, transactions, and user defined functions.|
|Embedded||An easy-to-use JDBC Driver that can embed the Query Engine in any Java application.|
An enterprise ready, scalable, managable, runtime for the Query Engine that runs inside JBoss AS that provides additional security, fault-tolerance, and administrative features.
Teiid includes a rich set of Translators and Resource Adapters that enable access to a variety of sources, including most relational databases, web services, text files, and ldap. Need data from a different source? A custom translators and resource adaptors can easily be developed.
- tei·id (TEE-id)
- adj. pertaining to a family of tropical American whip-tailed lizards noted for speed and agility.
- n. a set of open source enterprise information integration tools noted for their ability to rapidly create data services that can quickly adapt to changes in your IT environment.