Teiid 8.10 for EAP 6.3 Alpha is now available. The main features are:
- TEIID-3192 Salesforce Connectivity - connectivity was converted to the partner api provided by Salesforce rather than utilizing CXF. Please log an issue if you were utilizing features from the CXF config.
- TEIID-3046 Recursive Common Table Expression - engine and push down support was added.
- TEIID-3163 TEIID-3167 Text Table Enhancements - to support a general no trim option and to use a different row delimiter.
- TEIID-991 SybaseIQ Translator - for use with SybaseIQ 15.1 and later.
- TEIID-2882 PrestoDB Translator - for use with PrestoDB 0.85 and later.
- TEIID-1091 Additional SQL/XML Support - XMLEXISTS, XMLTEXT, and XMLCAST were added.
- TEIID-3216 Update Support for Google Spreadsheets
- TEIID-2384 Geospatial Support - contributed by Tom Arnold. Adds a geometry type and several functions. See the reference for more.
- TEIID-2816 Hbase Support - based upon the Phoenix JDBC Drirver.
- TEIID-3043 Docker Image - can now be produced by the build.
- TEIID-2694 REST Service - Generated REST web services now support larger binary payloads.
Teiid is a data virtualization system that allows applications to use data from multiple, heterogenous data stores.
Teiid is comprised of tools, components and services for creating and executing bi-directional data services. Through abstraction and federation, data is accessed and integrated in real-time across distributed data sources without copying or otherwise moving data from its system of record.
|Query Engine||The heart of Teiid is a high-performance query engine that processes relational, XML, XQuery and procedural queries from federated datasources. Features include support for homogeneous schemas, heterogeneous schemas, transactions, and user defined functions.|
|Embedded||An easy-to-use JDBC Driver that can embed the Query Engine in any Java application.|
An enterprise ready, scalable, managable, runtime for the Query Engine that runs inside JBoss AS that provides additional security, fault-tolerance, and administrative features.
Teiid includes a rich set of Translators and Resource Adapters that enable access to a variety of sources, including most relational databases, web services, text files, and ldap. Need data from a different source? A custom translators and resource adaptors can easily be developed.
- tei·id (TEE-id)
- adj. pertaining to a family of tropical American whip-tailed lizards noted for speed and agility.
- n. a set of open source enterprise information integration tools noted for their ability to rapidly create data services that can quickly adapt to changes in your IT environment.