Teiid 8.9 for EAP 6.3 Alpha is now available. The main features are:
- TEIID-3009 WITH project minimization - common table expressions will have their project columns minimized.
- TEIID-3038 geoSpatial support for MongoDB translator
- TEIID-3050 Increased Insert Performance with sources that support batching or insert with iterator.
- TEIID-3044 Function Metadata is available through system tables and DatabaseMetaData.
- TEIID-1910 TeiidPlatform for EclipseLink integration is now provided via the teiid-eclipselink-platform jar in maven.
- TEIID-3119 Performance improvements in grouping and duplicate removal as well as general improvements to memory management.
- TEIID-3156 Collation aware prevention of order by pushdown via the collationLocale translator property and the org.teiid.requireTeiidCollation system property.
- TEIID-3042 Usage Information on views and procedures in the system table SYSADMIN.Usage.
Teiid is a data virtualization system that allows applications to use data from multiple, heterogenous data stores.
Teiid is comprised of tools, components and services for creating and executing bi-directional data services. Through abstraction and federation, data is accessed and integrated in real-time across distributed data sources without copying or otherwise moving data from its system of record.
|Query Engine||The heart of Teiid is a high-performance query engine that processes relational, XML, XQuery and procedural queries from federated datasources. Features include support for homogeneous schemas, heterogeneous schemas, transactions, and user defined functions.|
|Embedded||An easy-to-use JDBC Driver that can embed the Query Engine in any Java application.|
An enterprise ready, scalable, managable, runtime for the Query Engine that runs inside JBoss AS that provides additional security, fault-tolerance, and administrative features.
Teiid includes a rich set of Translators and Resource Adapters that enable access to a variety of sources, including most relational databases, web services, text files, and ldap. Need data from a different source? A custom translators and resource adaptors can easily be developed.
- tei·id (TEE-id)
- adj. pertaining to a family of tropical American whip-tailed lizards noted for speed and agility.
- n. a set of open source enterprise information integration tools noted for their ability to rapidly create data services that can quickly adapt to changes in your IT environment.