Teiid 8.7 for EAP 6.1 Alpha is now available. The main features are:
- TEIID-1070 Amazon SimpleDB - support has been contributed by Radim Hopp. See the Admin and Reference Guides for more.
- TEIID-2761 Security Enhancements - added support for a grant-all attribute on a role. Also added the ability to specify the security domain for a VDB. See the reference guide for more.
- TEIID-2780 Apache Solr - Translator has been added. See the Admin and Reference Guides for more. See example here
- TEIID-2809 Pattern based system property substitution - has been added to VDB.XML files. Only supported if the DVB is being deployed JBoss EAP.
- TEIID-2844 Remove unauthorized columns - from SELECT * can be enabled via the session property ignore_unauthorized_asterisk. See the Reference for more.
- TEIID-2863/TEIID-2761 More robust GSS-API support -. This issue also implements a feature where a user can now define a "security-domain" per VDB. User no longer has to depend upon the transport level authentication.
- TEIID-2826 Revamped build structure for translators and connectors - so that it is easier to package them and deploy them to a Teiid server.
- TEIID-2859 TEXTTABLE FOR ORDINALITY - a FOR ORDINALITY column can now be used with TEXTTABLE. See the Reference for more.
- TEIID-965 Apache POI based Excel - connectivity has been added. See the reference for more. See example here
- TEIID-2888 Designer VDB support in Embedded - is now available. With a few caveats, Designer .INDEX based vdbs can now be used with Teiid Embedded. See the Embedded Guide for more.
- TEIID-2904 Translator Properties - Translator import, override and extension-metadata properties are can retrieved through Admin API
- TEIID-2627 Accumulo - Translator has been added. See Admin and Reference guides for more information. See example here
Teiid is a data virtualization system that allows applications to use data from multiple, heterogenous data stores.
Teiid is comprised of tools, components and services for creating and executing bi-directional data services. Through abstraction and federation, data is accessed and integrated in real-time across distributed data sources without copying or otherwise moving data from its system of record.
|Query Engine||The heart of Teiid is a high-performance query engine that processes relational, XML, XQuery and procedural queries from federated datasources. Features include support for homogeneous schemas, heterogeneous schemas, transactions, and user defined functions.|
|Embedded||An easy-to-use JDBC Driver that can embed the Query Engine in any Java application.|
An enterprise ready, scalable, managable, runtime for the Query Engine that runs inside JBoss AS that provides additional security, fault-tolerance, and administrative features.
Teiid includes a rich set of Translators and Resource Adapters that enable access to a variety of sources, including most relational databases, web services, text files, and ldap. Need data from a different source? A custom translators and resource adaptors can easily be developed.
- tei·id (TEE-id)
- adj. pertaining to a family of tropical American whip-tailed lizards noted for speed and agility.
- n. a set of open source enterprise information integration tools noted for their ability to rapidly create data services that can quickly adapt to changes in your IT environment.