Teiid 9.2 for Wildfly 10.0.0 is now available. The main features are:
- TEIID-4284 Salesforce Bulk API for SELECT queries.
- TEIID-4556 TEIID-4545 TEIID-4515 Phoenix/Hbase Translator now supports joins, more system functions/pushdown functions, and offset
- TEIID-4532 Hashing Functions were added for md5, sha1, sha2-256, and sha2-512.
- TEIID-4627 Source Triggers to handle source change events.
- TEIID-4643 Encrypt/decrypt functions were added for 128bit AES.
- TEIID-4622 Data Quality Functions contributed by OSDQ.
- TEIID-4441 FTP/SFTP Connectivity via a new ftp resource adapter.
- TEIID-4629 DDL Replacement for vdb.xml to eliminate the need to mix XML and DDL.
- TEIID-4398 VDB Migration tool - Migration tool to convert .vdb & -vdb.xml files into DDL based VDB
Teiid is a data virtualization system that allows applications to use data from multiple, heterogeneous data stores.
Teiid is comprised of tools, components and services for creating and executing bi-directional data services.
Through abstraction and federation, data is accessed and integrated in real-time across distributed data sources without copying or otherwise moving data from its system of record.
|Query Engine||The heart of Teiid is a high-performance query engine that processes relational, XML, XQuery and procedural queries from federated datasources. Features include support for homogeneous schemas, heterogeneous schemas, transactions, and user defined functions.|
|Embedded||An easy-to-use JDBC Driver that can embed the Query Engine in any Java application.|
An enterprise ready, scalable, manageable, runtime for the Query Engine that runs inside JBoss AS that provides additional security, fault-tolerance, and administrative features.
Teiid includes a rich set of Translators and Resource Adapters that enable access to a variety of sources, including most relational databases, web services, text files, and ldap. Need data from a different source? A custom translators and resource adaptors can easily be developed.
- tei·id (TEE-id)
- adj. pertaining to a family of tropical American whip-tailed lizards noted for speed and agility.
- n. a set of open source enterprise information integration tools noted for their ability to rapidly create data services that can quickly adapt to changes in your IT environment.