Teiid 8.6 for EAP 6.1 Alpha is now available. The main features are:
- TEIID-2424 OSGI Bundles - Teiid jars are now built also as OSGI bundles. A starter Karaf osgi container features.xml file is available in maven repository with the build
- TEIID-1311 Cassandra Connectivity - is now offered through a community contribution by Radek Koubský of a resource adapter and translator pair. See the reference and admin guides for more.
- TEIID-2309 Conformed tables - a feature to improve planning when identical tables exist in multiple sources.
- TEIID-2685 SAP Netweaver - enhanced the OData translator for use with Netweaver.
- Direct Query Procedure Support
- TEIID-2740 - MongoDB
- TEIID-2734 - Cassandra
Teiid is a data virtualization system that allows applications to use data from multiple, heterogenous data stores.
Teiid is comprised of tools, components and services for creating and executing bi-directional data services. Through abstraction and federation, data is accessed and integrated in real-time across distributed data sources without copying or otherwise moving data from its system of record.
|Query Engine||The heart of Teiid is a high-performance query engine that processes relational, XML, XQuery and procedural queries from federated datasources. Features include support for homogeneous schemas, heterogeneous schemas, transactions, and user defined functions.|
|Embedded||An easy-to-use JDBC Driver that can embed the Query Engine in any Java application.|
An enterprise ready, scalable, managable, runtime for the Query Engine that runs inside JBoss AS that provides additional security, fault-tolerance, and administrative features.
Teiid includes a rich set of Translators and Resource Adapters that enable access to a variety of sources, including most relational databases, web services, text files, and ldap. Need data from a different source? A custom translators and resource adaptors can easily be developed.
- tei·id (TEE-id)
- adj. pertaining to a family of tropical American whip-tailed lizards noted for speed and agility.
- n. a set of open source enterprise information integration tools noted for their ability to rapidly create data services that can quickly adapt to changes in your IT environment.