Teiid 9.0 for Wildfly 9.0.2 is now available. The main features are:
- TEIID-3601 Large row counts internal tables and source queries are no longer limited to max integer rows. However update counts, count aggregate values, user result sets, etc. are still limited to max integer.
- TEIID-3792 Array Quantified Comparisons can be used to search array values - for example expression = SOME (array_expression)
- TEIID-3462 Semantic VDB Versioning can be used in the VDB name and connection string, rather than the simple integer version. See the Reference for more.
- TEIID-3849 Cassandra Update Improvements for bulk/batch updates and asynch processing.
- TEIID-3869 Additional geospatial support for Geoserver integration with Teiid.
- TEIID-2476 Data role metadata filtering to omit non-accessible objects from system tables.
- TEIID-4076 Improved autoCommitTxn detect to prevent unnecessary transactions.
- TEIID-4084 Allowing for with clause inlining to improve performance.
- TEIID-3725 JDG Cache/DSL Translator added cache swapping feature to support external materialization.
- TEIID-3810 JDG Cache/DSL Translator upgraded support for JDG 6.6
- TEIID-3520 Swagger Translator for calling REST services defined by Swagger.
- TEIID-4202 Lateral join and procedure pushdown support for targeted sources.
Teiid is a data virtualization system that allows applications to use data from multiple, heterogeneous data stores.
Teiid is comprised of tools, components and services for creating and executing bi-directional data services.
Through abstraction and federation, data is accessed and integrated in real-time across distributed data sources without copying or otherwise moving data from its system of record.
|Query Engine||The heart of Teiid is a high-performance query engine that processes relational, XML, XQuery and procedural queries from federated datasources. Features include support for homogeneous schemas, heterogeneous schemas, transactions, and user defined functions.|
|Embedded||An easy-to-use JDBC Driver that can embed the Query Engine in any Java application.|
An enterprise ready, scalable, manageable, runtime for the Query Engine that runs inside JBoss AS that provides additional security, fault-tolerance, and administrative features.
Teiid includes a rich set of Translators and Resource Adapters that enable access to a variety of sources, including most relational databases, web services, text files, and ldap. Need data from a different source? A custom translators and resource adaptors can easily be developed.
- tei·id (TEE-id)
- adj. pertaining to a family of tropical American whip-tailed lizards noted for speed and agility.
- n. a set of open source enterprise information integration tools noted for their ability to rapidly create data services that can quickly adapt to changes in your IT environment.