Teiid 8.11 for EAP 6.4 Alpha is now available. The main features are:
- TEIID-3372 Multiple metadata elements can now be used to configure a vdb.
- TEIID-3369 Custom query rewrite - via a configurable PreParser.
- TEIID-3389 Kerberos Delegation JDBC driver can now participate in kerberos delegation based authentication
- TEIID-3390 SQL/XML improvements in performance and disk utilization.
- TEIID-3362 ARRAYITERATE system procedure for iterating over an array.
- TEIID-3393 Embedded AdminApi is now available from EmbeddedServer.getAdmin.
- TEIID-3270 Virtual Functions can not be defined with procedure syntax.
- TEIID-3434 More caching control over ttls in the result set cache down to the schema/table level.
- TEIID-3412 MS Access support via the UCanAccess driver.
- TEIID-3371 EAP 6.4 as the target platform.
- TEIID-3491 REGEXP_REPLACE function added
Teiid is a data virtualization system that allows applications to use data from multiple, heterogenous data stores.
Teiid is comprised of tools, components and services for creating and executing bi-directional data services. Through abstraction and federation, data is accessed and integrated in real-time across distributed data sources without copying or otherwise moving data from its system of record.
|Query Engine||The heart of Teiid is a high-performance query engine that processes relational, XML, XQuery and procedural queries from federated datasources. Features include support for homogeneous schemas, heterogeneous schemas, transactions, and user defined functions.|
|Embedded||An easy-to-use JDBC Driver that can embed the Query Engine in any Java application.|
An enterprise ready, scalable, managable, runtime for the Query Engine that runs inside JBoss AS that provides additional security, fault-tolerance, and administrative features.
Teiid includes a rich set of Translators and Resource Adapters that enable access to a variety of sources, including most relational databases, web services, text files, and ldap. Need data from a different source? A custom translators and resource adaptors can easily be developed.
- tei·id (TEE-id)
- adj. pertaining to a family of tropical American whip-tailed lizards noted for speed and agility.
- n. a set of open source enterprise information integration tools noted for their ability to rapidly create data services that can quickly adapt to changes in your IT environment.